Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO® of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties is a trusted leader in biohazard and chemical cleanup and restoration in Alexandria. Safety should be your first consideration when dealing with biohazard exposure, and trained professionals should clean and restore all contamination. Biohazard contaminants are very dangerous and can cause health effects. Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination. When your Alexandria home or business is compromised by a biohazard or chemical spill, our highly trained technicians are on-call 24-hours a day and typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (320) 219-6505
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Douglas & Otter Tail Counties has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Fergus Falls
- Parkers Prairie
- Pelican Rapids
- New York Mills
- Elbow Lake