Evacuation Plan For Those Who Need Assistance
Do you know and love someone who may have a disability such as deaf, blindness, or immobility? Maybe you know someone who is unable to move as quickly as necessary during an evacuation. Most of us can name at least one person that they know who might need assistance in case of an evacuation.
It is important to have a set plan for your loved ones in case of an emergency evacuation due to storm, fire, or flooding. Follow these steps to ensure the safety of those who need assistance:
- Have an emergency kit ready and accessible.
- If person has hard hearing, always have a backup battery for hearing aids
- Install a strobe light smoke alarm for those who are hard of hearing or deaf
- Have a backup cane in a safe place in case of an emergency
- Create multiple escape plans in case of emergency